What preconceived notions come to mind when I say “retreat.”
Do you think their only for people with tons of money?
Or people with problems?
Or only yogis, hippies and wayward 20year olds?
Allow me to share a story.
My first retreat I went on was as a result of problems I was dealing with. I was dealing with grief, depression, and a general all consuming unhappiness I couldn’t seem to shake.
Did it help me? Fuck yes it did. It clarified everything for me and gave me a fresh perspective on living.
But that was then, and these are the reasons I go now.
- To quieten my monkey mind. You know that internal voice that incessantly chirps away. The hip hopping from thought to thought with no focus impacting your ability to achieve results or find peace in your world.
This practice of observing your inner landscape can teach greater stress tolerance and emotional balance that lasts long after the retreat is over.
- I’ve learned the impact of a mindful vacation.
Instead of battering my body and returning from my holiday feeling like I need another holiday. I know invest my money in the experience that will enrich my life and aid in my aspirations.
It can be hard to organize our lives in a way that allows us time to step away and “retreat” for a week or two. I get asked often, when is the best time?
From my experience and based on the countless testimonials I’ve heard of other retreaters these seem to be key indicators signifying – Now is a good time to take a step back from life and immerse in self care.
- I feel tired all the time.
- I feel completely overwhelmed and stressed from my life / job / relationship / family.
- I am thinking or have already quit my job but I don’t know what to do next.
- I feel stuck with my life.
- I have just gone through a huge trauma in my life and I want some space.
- I am trying to find out what my life purpose is.
- I don’t know what my passion is and I’m trying to find that out.
- I want to get into shape and have healthier habits.
- I want to lose weight and have more energy.
- My life is at a transition point now and I don’t know what to do next.
- I want to learn more about my body’s optimal state and how to sustain it.
What to expect from a retreat?
A Vidya Yoga Retreat experience is not your typical yoga infused vacation.
We have carefully curated an exceptional experience that combines:
Twice daily soul fuelling yoga designed for all levels. You’ll begin your day with a high vibing injection of energy to release endorphins and tap into your most authentic self. Then, soothe your sun soaked soul with a calming yin practice before bed. Yoga classes are led by yours truly and I ensure each one is overflowing with intention, purpose and will lift you up and put you at ease.
All Vidya Retreats are incredibly fortunate to partner up with native Timor surfer legends. Surf seekers who have grown up in these waters, there is no one more qualified to guide you as you rip the tides. Catering to all skills sets and ensuring your desires are fulfilled, you can enjoy a fun filled day off shore learning to cruise the white waters or take off for the day on a guided expedition to some of the world’s best waves.
We also have the privilege of enjoying delicious organic and nutritious meals specifically crafted for our experience with love from our team.
There are also endless activities to indulge in. Of course you can chill on the beach or relax by the pool but we also have day trips into the local market and just down the road you can create your own crochet project or weave your very own sarong.There is deep sea fishing, sailing, snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking and more!
The cherry on top is the glorious, luxurious villa that is completely catered and have all the modern amenities your heart may desire.
In addition to these wonderful retreat deets I offer coaching sessions that can be organized a head of time for all attendees on the trip if they so choose. I am a certified holistic health and life coach and have helped many people discover what obstacles are holding them back from living their best life and help them map the way towards making it a reality.
Rote itself is exquisitely unique as it is a gem in the ocean untapped by tourism and thriving with culture.
There so much beauty to experience on a Vidya Retreat – both externally and within.
I’m so excited to share it all with you!